Sunday, May 22, 2016

MUS/GralInt-"Alone again" and "Clair" by Gilbert O´Sullivan

The following information is used for educational purposes only.





Alone again





















"Alone Again" Lyrics:









In a little while from now
If I'm not feeling any less sour
I promise myself to treat myself
And visit a nearby tower
And climbing to the top
Will throw myself off
In an effort to
Make it clear to whoever
Wants to know what it's like When you're shattered

Left standing in the lurch at a church
Were people saying, My God, that's tough
She stood him up
No point in us remaining
We may as well go home
As I did on my own
Alone again, naturally
To think that only yesterday

I was cheerful, bright and gay
Looking forward to who wouldn't do
The role I was about to play
But as if to knock me down
Reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch
Cut me into little pieces
Leaving me to doubt
Talk about, God in His mercy

Oh, if he really does exist
Why did he desert me
In my hour of need
I truly am indeed
Alone again, naturally
It seems to me that
There are more hearts broken in the world
That can't be mended

Left unattended
What do we do
What do we do
Alone again, naturally
Looking back over the years
And whatever else that appears
I remember I cried when my father died
Never wishing to hide the tears

And at sixty-five years old
My mother, God rest her soul
Couldn't understand why the only man
She had ever loved had been taken
Leaving her to start
With a heart so badly broken
Despite encouragement from me

No words were ever
And when she passed away
I cried and cried all day
Alone again, naturally
Alone again, naturally





Songwriters
MAURICE ERNEST GIBB, ROBIN HUGH GIBB

Published by
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group

























Clair






Published on Dec 13, 2010


PLEASE READ THIS - Recently I have been corresponding with Clair Mills herself - a privilege to chat to such a lovely person . She has asked me to share this message with you all regarding the negative and dis-respectful comments this song often recieves -

" Sorry you have to read the awful posts about the song Clair..
I was a toddler !!!!!! Please feel free to tell them that from me .
He is also a very kind and lovely man who I adore still to this day and I would ask them kindly to refrain and respect our wishes "
- Clair Mills - December 2011

PLEASE NOTE - Clair is very fond of this video - it holds a lot of happy memories . She occasionally reads the comments on here . With that in mind , if you wish to leave her any nice personal messages I`m sure she would be delighted to read them . There will be no replies - Clair is a very private person - but the chances are she will read them . Any inappropriate or offensive comments to Clair WILL BE REMOVED BY ME so don`t waste your time !

DISCLAIMER - I do not own this footage - It is owned by the BBC and this clip is presented here under the " Fair Use ` law purely for educational purposes ( to explain the song ) and for debating . No infringement of copyright intended . A huge thanks to the BBC on behalf of myself and Clair for allowing this footage to be used to illustrate this song .
Words & Music by Gilbert O'Sullivan. Owned & administered by Grand Upright Music Ltd.

About the song and video .....

Gilbert`s classic world-wide hit from 1972 . There are many videos of Gilbert performing this song - but none of them capture the spirit of the record . I thought it was time the song got the kind of video it deserves ! If you haven`t seen this footage before , it was filmed for promotional purposes when the single was released - but music videos weren`t commonly used back in 1972 !
It features Clair Mills herself - the daughter of his manager Gordon Mills for whom Gilbert used to baby-sit in the early days of their partnership . He wrote the song as a gift for her parents to say thanks for everything they had done for him . It`s actually Gordon Mills playing the harmonica solo ! Hope you enjoy this video of Clair having fun with ` Uncle Ray ` - ( Raymond is Gilberts real name ! )


















































































Lyrics to Clair :



Clair, the moment I met you, I swear
I felt as if something, somewhere
Had happened to me, which I couldn't see
And then, the moment I met you, again
I knew in my heart that we were friends
It had to be so, it couldn't be no

But try as hard as I might do, I don't know why
You get to me in a way I can't describe
Words mean so little when you look up and smile
I don't care what people say
To me you're more than a child

Oh, Clair
Clair

Clair, if ever a moment so rare
Was captured for all to compare
That moment is you in all that you do
But why in spite of our age difference do I cry
Each time I leave you I feel I could die
Nothing means more to me than hearing you say
"I'm going to marry you
Will you marry me, Uncle Ray ? "

Oh, Clair
Clair

Clair, I've told you before "Don't you dare"
"Get back into bed"
"Can't you see that it's late"
"No you can't have a drink"
"Oh, alright then, but wait just a bit "

While I, in an effort to babysit, catch of my breath
What there is left of it
You can be murder at this hour of the day
But in the morning this hour will seem a lifetime away
Oh Clair
Clair
Oh Clair














Source: www.youtube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed as far as they are constructive and polite.

ChatGPT, una introducción realista, por Ariel Torres

The following information is used for educational purposes only.           ChatGPT, una introducción realista    ChatGPT parece haber alcanz...